What is Beaverton CERT?
- A free, community-based, all-volunteer program funded by the City of Beaverton
- 500 members strong, and growing
- Eligible to join if you have a Beaverton address or live within the boundaries of the Beaverton School District
Join Beaverton CERT by Completing the Basic Training Class
The Basic Training Class lasts 7-weeks and is offered every spring and fall on Wednesday nights, 6-9 pm, followed by a final graduation exercise on Saturday, 8 am–12 pm.
- Register to receive email notifications when enrollment opens
- View a summary of topics taught in the class
- View the most recent class schedule
Beaverton CERT Activities
Once you graduate from CERT Basic Training, you have the option to participate as little or as often as you choose. There are many paths to explore:
- Practice and refine your skills, such as: crowd management, light search & rescue, team organization, disaster medical operations, psychological first aid, radio communications.
- Educate the public on emergency preparedness through community events and presentations at schools, high-occupancy dwellings and civic groups.
- Provide assistance, upon request, with planned events and emergency situations for partners such as the Beaverton PD, THPRD, and the Beaverton School District.
- Connect with other CERTs in your neighborhood and network with CERTs across the organization at regular meetings.